Each of our programs were inspired by our Founders children Dwight, Danielle and Daria, her grandchildren Denim and Dexte and her special angel that watches over her from heaven, Milani.
3 D's Goes Remote
DENIM (Family Involvement)
• Health & Nutrition Classes
MILANI (Support for parents of stillborn)
DANIELLE (Summer Camp)
• Physical development & good food choices
DANIELLE can give our children a combination of experiences that prepare them well for life. Add to that experience the chance for a child’s parents to reinforce at home what the child nurtures at camp and we can affirm and empower a nation of children that will powerfully impact their community and the world.
DARIA (After School)
TPTR (Nurturing Parent Program)
Teen Parents That Rock
The Teen Parent That Rocks (TPTR) Nurturing Program was developed in response to teenage pregnancies, and to build nurturing parenting skills
TPTR supports the growth and development of parents and children as caring people who treat themselves, others, and the environment with respect and dignity through competency based learning and mentorship. It is a strength-based program to help families incorporate new, positive and nurturing patterns into their homes while being affirmed and empowered by adults who were teen parents and have overcome obstacles. Parents and children generally focus on the same topic during a session. They may learn this content through separate activities which are geared to their developmental stages and interests. Families will partake in a family style meal.
- The program has a built-in evaluation tool
-Affective: the assessment of parenting attitudes (AAPI-2)
-Cognitive: tests of knowledge acquired (The nurturing quiz/The nurturing skills competency scale)
-Process: participant feedback, self-assessment and self-reports of behavioral change, satisfaction ratings and facilitator observations (Session evaluation forms)
-Retention/Attendance Rates: number of participants regularly attending and completing the course
- Experiential Education
-Sessions are structured, providing a sense of predictability
-Activities which pique curiosity, empower self and are entertaining and pleasurable
-Learning through music and movement, psychodrama and role playing, discussion, audiovisuals, art games, sharing, food
- First half of the evening focuses on parenting skills and second half focuses on self-nurturing skills
- Themes from the session are reinforced by the home practice exercise in the parent handbook
DEXTE (Narcolepsy Awareness)
Determined, Enthusiastic, Xenial, Transformed, Encouraging
Are you a TPTR (Teen Parent That Rocks) willing to Mentor a teen parent that will rock (TPTWR)?
• Are you willing to serve as a positive role model and be part of the village that empowers a teen parent to rock?
• Are you willing to collaborate with a teen parent to identify their strengths and facilitate their work toward setting goals that will empower and affirm them and their children?
• Are you willing to build a trusting, mutual, respectful relationship with a teen parent through initiated planned activities?
• Are you willing to commit to be a TPTR for a minimum of 6 months with at least 4 hours of contact per month?
If you answered YES to ALL of these questions we are looking for you!
• Adhere to program policies and procedures
• Complete application, training, and screening process
• Be dependable and consistent in communicating with mentoring program staff, submit activity reports, and take constructive feedback regarding mentoring activities
• Cannot be currently receiving drug or alcohol abuse treatment
• Cannot currently have an open ACS/DSS case involving you or anyone living in your household within the past year
BECOME A PART OF OUR FAMILY
3D’s Aftercare Inc.’s programs will impact children and their families in the following ways:
• Improve self-esteem
• Improve academic performance
• Respect for themselves
• Develop academic interests
• Make positive life choices
• Investment in community
• Maximize their potential